Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Soundtrack to my Life...


 "ON WISCONSIN"
You all know this one! Basically, it is the staple of my life. I've definitely played it over a thousand times already this year, and I know I will play it thousands of times more (literally).

"Glitter in the Air" - Pink
The first time I heard this song, Pink was performing it on some music awards show. I loved the performance, but the lyrics and the song itself go together so beautifully. It's one of those songs that really makes you think and moves you..

"Sail" - AWOLNATION
I really like the beat of this song. It's loud and strong, and just has a great feel to it.

"I Question Mark" - Wade Robson
There's just something about this song. It's not really a true song, with real instruments, but it definitely has its own language of music. I just really enjoy the originality of it, because it's so random like I am.

"Knee Deep" - Zac Brown Band
Summer. Sunshine. Country. Home. I think of all the summers I've had: growing up, working outside, swimming, fair time, all of it. It's just one of those songs that makes you want to sit back and relax in a lawn chair on a warm summer's day, and watch the sun set.

"Shake Your Groove Thing" - Peaches and Herb
Two words: Showcase Singers. The first summer I was in Showcase we sang this song. I'm pretty sure that was the best summer of my life. I had such a great time and made SO many memories too!

"Don't Break My Heart" - B.O.B.
This is such a great change-up to Build Me Up Buttercup! It's so upbeat and fun. I just like it. A LOT! It makes me smile. :)

"People Are Crazy" - Billy Currington
I've never had a song mean so much to me as this one does... It's the only one that brings tears to my eyes every time I hear it. It was my teacher's favorite song, before he died in a terrible tractor accident. He was the best teacher I've ever had, and one of those people that tries to help everyone and connects with you personally. He was the "super awesome uncle" kind of guy, and he taught me so much, life lessons too. I will never forget him. RIP Mr. Polk

"On Wisconsin Finale"
Awesome. Epic. A year in band. "We never say goodbye. But, we'll see you next year!"

No comments:

Post a Comment